Friday, October 29, 2010

Work or Family First

When I wrote the post 'Why Abang?', I didn't mean to write it in such a way that it sounded as though I'm not ready to follow wherever Shah goes. Initially, I did feel that way. I was afraid of leaving my comfort zone and also if the job is not in KL/PJ then I would have to leave the home that we have just started to build, especially my brand new kitchen (sob sob).

But now, all those above doesn't matter. I will definitely follow him wherever he goes. We will make it work with Allah's blessings. And if need be, I would even sell the house. I must always remember that a wife's place is always by her husband's side. Thank you to all my friends for the supportive words and encouragement.

Another thing that I have been toying with is being a Stay-at-Home Mom. I have been thinking a lot about this lately. Of course Shah will be more than happy if I were to stay at home because then he will be 100% sure that Maisarah will be in good hands. The thing is, I would gladly tender my resignation now IF I had some sort of side income apart from my monthly salary at this present moment. Why? Because I want to be able to help Shah to pay off our committments and also so that I have some money for my personal stuff. So, I am now actively thinking on what I can do to generate extra income. But I am stuck because I don't have any hobbies that can churn money. You see, I don't sew and am not really good at baking.

Or is it just that I am not spending enough time to explore these options? I mean how do you ladies out there find time to sew or bake or do any other hobbies aside from your daily work and house chores? Please do share with me.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm sure you wouldn't kak Anisa.. I think everyone knows you guys are inseparable. But aren't you guys bonded still?

Ira said...

Anisa, u're good in writing.. why don't u write a travelog series about your life & sell it! hahaha.. sesuka hati je suggest jual buku.. mcm la senang nak buat, kan?

btw, I know how u feel coz I'm facing the same situation right now.. walaupun tak confirm 100% lg husband akan ke sana for his phd, and I'll be unpaid wife for a couple of years.. tp mengenangkan mcm2 'investment' & 'assurance' yg dah dibuat di sini, surely berat hati jugak.. ntah boleh survive ke tak kat sana? tp apa2 pon, family comes first.. ni pon tgh pikir2 jugak, takkan nak goyang kaki je kat sana nanti kan? I too should think of something to generate extra $$ (at least for my personal stuff) moga sama2 usaha kita dipermudahkan ;)

bumble_bee said...

Didi - hehe, I yang selalu nak berkepit dengan Shah. Pasal bond tu, tinggal 2 tahun saje lagi. Entah2 by the time Shah dapat kerja lain tinggal 1 tahun saje. Hopefully can work something out to pay back.

Ira - Writing travelog? Huhu, macam tak cukup experience saje. Tapi memang orang cakap kalau tulis buku duit akan sentiasa masuk sekali buku tu ada sales. Itu la, dah biasa ada duit kalau berenti kerja pun mesti nak jugak ada duit masuk. Ira sure boleh buat duit nanti sebab Ira pandai jahit. I suka tengok dresses Ayna.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...