Wednesday, December 08, 2010

Introducing Mia and Zara



Yesterday, my sister and brother-in-law brought Maisarah to the pet shop as they had promised to get her a pet for her birthday present. Maisarah wanted turtles and fishes. But after consulting the assitants at the pet shop, I decided on Maisarah's behalf to only get the turtles. This is because they are easier to take care of than fishes, in my opinion. We got a tank for them, a floating artificial water lily leaf for them to sit on, some stones, food for baby turtles and antichlorin solution. However, as you can see from the picture above, the stones were a bad idea because we found out that turtle food doesn't float like fish food so they sank into the stones. The turtles had difficulty reaching the food. Also, I learnt that the water should not be too deep or the turtles would struggle to get air. So, the tank decorations were remodeled by me yesterday evening. We now only have large pebbles arranged at two opposite ends of the tank so that the turtles can climb onto them and the tank was only filled with around 1.5 to 2 inches of water.

The name of the turtles were given by Maisarah which was adopted from the name 'Myazara' which Shah sometimes uses to call Maisarah. Maisarah was very excited to get the turtles yesterday. She still was excited this morning but I;m not sure how long the excitement will last. I think in the end it will be Mommy who will have to take care of Mia and Zara. So now I have three children to look after.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...