Wednesday, December 10, 2008

December baby

In about 10 days time I'll be celebrating my 29th birthday. Last year I celebrated it at home with my 1-month old baby girl. There was no present from Hubby. So this year, an email was sent to me from the BDay Fund. They had contacted me the first time in 2006. So, I'm guessing this will be a bi-annual event. Is it true Abang?

Anyway, in 2006, the offer came exactly 1 month before my birthday in the form of a letter and I had to list down five most desired birthday presents, two of which will be presented to me on my birthday. This year, the offer came to me via email on Tuesday (9 December). Below is the email i received:

Dear U*ngku A*nisa,

B-day fund allocation for your birthday in 2008

It is the time of the year again!, and as you might have noticed, B-day fund is going international since we last contacted you in December 2006. We have also gone paperless in order to save the environment. Please consider the environment before you print this email.

It gives me great pleasure to announce the following 2008 B-Day fund allocation for you. The followings are steps to claim your B-day fund allocation:

1. Please send an email to our representative in Malaysia and list FIVE Items and TWO Events that you want the most for your upcoming Birthday

2. The requirement:
a. The FIVE ITEMS must contain at least ONE ITEM that benefit your husband and daughter in some ways, and:

i. Item 1: Cost between RM 1500- RM 2500
ii. Item 2: Cost between RM 1000- RM 1500
iii. Item 3: Cost between RM 500 - RM 1000
iv. Item 4: Cost between RM 100 – RM 500
v. Item 5: Cost between RM 2 - RM 100

b. For the TWO events, please name TWO places that you would really like to go with your husband. You are allowed to name hotels/restaurants/parks etc. and the places must be in 50km radius from your home address.

The B-day fund Board of Directors will choose THREE out of FIVE items for your presents and ONE out of TWO events that you have listed.

TERMS AND CONDITIONS:

· Please bear in mind that You must name ALL THE SEVEN ITEMS + EVENTS, or the offer will be void.
· You are not allowed to ask your B-day fund coordinator to get some ideas on the list, or the offer will be void. You may consult ONLY TWO PEOPLE from your friends and families.
· The B-day fund coordinator will bring the presents to you in a number of ways around your birthday.
· You are required to reply to this email with list not later than 9.00 am Monday, 15th December 2008. Should you fail to do so, this offer will be automatically void.

Your B-Day fund coordinator whom you need to reply this email to, is:

Nor*shah Ha*feez, PhD CEng MIMechE BBEng BDFundE,

We wish you a very pleasant year ahead, and have a nice birthday,

-B-Day Fund, making dreams come true for hopeless people -

I've basically listed 4 out of the 5 items. One of the items will defintely benefit my husband and I'm hoping another item off my list will also benefit my daughter. Although not directly, but the things we'll get out of the item will be able to capture memories of my daughter as she grows. I also have in mind 2 places to visit within the 50 km radius from our house in PJ.

So far, I have not asked help from the two persons I am allowed to consult. But I might ask my sister on her views of my list. I'm determined to email the coordinator by Friday as I won't want to miss the 9 am deadline next Monday. And, as the title from my post 2 years ago goes, the wait begins!

P/S: A very big thank you to my Hubby for this exciting BDay Fund event!

P/P/S: Congrats also to my dear Hubby for passing his UK Chartered Engineer exam. My Hubby is now a certified Chartered Engineer recognised by the Institution of Mechanical Engineers UK and internationally. Well done Abang!

6 comments:

leeds said...

happy birthday kak nisa! :)

and congrats abg apis! and

and happy belated birthday baby maisarah :)

bumble_bee said...

Thanks for the wishes Lidya. Lidya apa khabar? Harap2 semua ok.

Unknown said...

Gosh.. Bapak never fail to amaze me with his efforts!! You know you are very lucky rite kak anisa?? Happy birthday to you!! Send my congrats to him.. Ir Norshah that means, kan?

Anonymous said...

k.anisa, gambar party maisarah ada dlm my flickr. http://www.flickr.com/photos/cikyamx/
feel free to dl if you like! kiss kiss maisarah mwahhss
-maryam

bumble_bee said...

Hi Didi! Yes, I am one lucky girl. Dia memang selalu buat benda2 yg pelik2 tapi best for Maisarah and I. Actually Chartered Engineer (using the title 'CEng') tu is recognised internationally bukan mcm 'Ir' status yg only recognised in Malaysia. Shah kata 'Ir' byk songeh so nanti baru dia nak apply..

bumble_bee said...

Hi Maryam..thanks for the link. InsyaAllah, I'll visit your flickr page to dl the photos. I'll send your kisses to Maisarah. Take care!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...