Friday, January 05, 2007

Wishes for 2-0-0-7

Truthfully speaking, I have never bothered with New Year's resolutions. I don't know why. Maybe because in previous years, when ever I set them, I never see it through. Have never achieved them (or maybe I did without realising). This year, however, I do have some things in mind that I'm hoping I'll be able to achieve:

  • Buy a weighing scale, start monitoring my weight and start losing those excess kg's. I have to admit that I rarely weighed myself in 2006 coz I was afraid to know my true weight. But now I have to face the music and do something to get back into shape.

  • Be brave, get behind the steering wheel and start driving more. I need to as I can't be relying on dear hubby to drive me around (even though it's much nicer to just get in and out of the car without having to do anything). Maybe even buy myself my own set of wheels?

  • Lastly and most importantly, read more of the Quran, do more sunat prayers, improve myself as a Muslim, be a better wife and perhaps even a mother.

Now, apart from that, my other (more materialistic) wishes for 2-0-07 are:

  • a new gold bracelet or bangle

  • a car of my own

  • a wardrobe full of baju kurungs and kebayas for work and formal functions

  • more handbags and shoes (preferably with one, two or more of them coming from designer labels)

  • a holiday any where (literally) this year as long as we get more than 1 week's break from work

Well, let's pull on the wishbone and see who's wishes will come true. Yours or mine?

photo obtained from sxc.hu

Whatever is... here's to wishful thinking!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...