Saturday, June 25, 2005

Music Music

I'm currently just sitting in front of the computer browsing the net with Westlife's first album playing in the background. Shah is busy playing on his PS2. It's a laid back low key night at home doing nothing other than lazing around. I just wish the night was much cooler than it is now. But I have to say tonight is much better than the previous nights. I think the hottest days were last Saturday and Sunday. Shah and I would not have been able to sleep it we didn't have our ever useful oscillating fan. The fan has been put to good use every summer and without it we just would not have been able to get through the summer time.

Anyway, I started off this entry without any specific topic in mind but since I've mentioned Westlife I guess I might as well blog about songs and artist's I like. Basically any song that sound catchy and nice can be considered as a song that I would like. But not those that are heavy metal or reggea. What else? I don't think I'm in to rap songs either. I quite like the current pop songs and r&b. Although I do like some old songs as well. Particularly the songs from the 80's and 90's i.e. songs that I grew up to. Like the songs by New Kids on the Block, Roxette, Boyz II Men, Wham (no wonder I've got Wake Me up Before You Go Go playing right?), Wilson Philips (do you remember them?) and many more. I wonder where my New Kids cassette tapes are coz I would like to listen to their songs again. Of course I am a fan of singers such as Whitney Houston, Mariah Carey (her earlier albums..not the later ones) and Celine Dion. Growing up I was exposed to Gloria Estefan, Billy Ocean, Rick Astley, Kenny G and Dione Warwick by my mum and auntie. Not many Malay songs were played at home and I don't quite know why. But when I was in high school I remember listening to Malay songs. So I particularly remember songs during the late 80s and 90s era.

At the moment I'm trying to find all these kind of songs to keep in my collection. But I'm also pining for Michael Buble's first album coz I think his voice is very pleasing to the ear.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...