Friday, February 04, 2005

Cinema Cinema Cinema

It's already dark but Shah and I are still at the Uni. Well, we did go home for dinner but came back coz Shah needs to print the final copy of his. All he has left to do is send them for binding and then finally sending to the Registry office. That marks the end of Norshah Hafeez's PhD study journey. I'm not going to say anything about my work coz it'll just bore you guys to death. So what I just want to say is please, pretty please, pray that I will be able to submit my thesis before 1 April 2005 so that I can graduate together with my husband. If we do get to graduate together in July 2005 then it would certainly be one of the greatest moment of our life. Even so, just being able to both get a PhD is more than we could ever wish for.

This weekend we're thinking of catching a movie at the cinema. We really want to watch 'Meet The Fockers' coz we've been waiting for it to be realeased ever since the rumour about a sequeal to 'Meet The Parents' circulated. Another movie which we're also anticipating is 'Ocean's Twelve' which is due to release in the UK tomorrow. We thought the first movie was really cool. Plus no woman would ever be able to resist the temptation of watching Brad Pitt and George Clooney together on the big screen. Yours truly included. Luckily my husband knows that no man can ever replace him in my heart. Right Abang? For those people reading this in Msia, I know both those movies have been released in Msia ages ago and this is one drawback of living in the UK. Some movies get released here earlier but most of the time other people get to watch them before we do.

Sometimes Shah and I get addicted to watching movies be it at the cinema or on DVD. Once we start watching one movie we just can't stop. There was one time when we watched 3 movies at the cinema back-to-back. Well, almost back-to-back coz we went home to pray and then went back to the cinema to watch other movies. And I'm I've mentioned our DVD watching marathon during the previous Christmas holidays. 10 DVD's watched in a span of 10 days. I guess thinking back at it that might not have been such an unbelievable feat. I'm sure many of you out there are much more of a movie buff than Shah and I. I remember when I was in London I only went to the cinema probably once throughtout my 3 years stay there. That was because the ticket price was way to expensive for my meagre monthly allowance. Luckily here in Nottingham, and in most smaller cities, the cinema ticket price are far cheaper so people like me get to go the the cinema more often. If we catch the early bird shows (before 12pm) we only have to pay £2.95 instead of the normal £5 which is far less than £9 per movie in London. To save money some sneak into another theatre after the movie is over but I've never done it. I want to but I just don't feel good doing it.

Well, I guess I've babbled quite a bit today. I need to run over to my office and get some simulations going but I'll just wait for Abang to finish his printing. Meanwhile I'll just do more net surfing...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...