Friday, January 28, 2005

What’s been happening

I’m at the office now doing my temporary work at Boots Building. My manager is at a meeting and I’ve mostly finished the work she gave me to complete while she’s in the meeting. So I decided to write an entry for today. I haven’t been well these last two days. Got a slight fever and a bad cold. My nose has been blocked for sometime now so I can’t breathe properly which is always irritating especially when I’m just about to sleep. But enough of my moaning!

Yesterday I had a pleasant surprise. Anne, one of my best friends from my MRSM days, left me a message in my shoutbox. I’ve lost touch with her for quite some time. Come to think of it, the last time we spoke was at my wedding reception in Malaysia 2 years ago (and a bit). Luckily she left me her email so I sent her one this morning. I hope she will write back soon. Another of my best friend, Joanna, got married last December which I couldn’t attend because of my work. She and her husband actually held a small get together to celebrate her wedding last Sunday in Cardiff but again I couldn’t make it. And yet again the cause of it…my work. I really really wanted to go but what can I do. I guess in life we have to sacrifice some things in order to achieve other things. Actually that was just a small sacrifice. I’m sure Allah has destined for me to encounter much bigger sacrifices which I hope I will be able to face steadfastly.

Another thing which I haven’t written about but has been talked about everywhere in the world has been the tsunami the hit Asia on 26 December 2004. As a Muslim I believe that it was a message from Allah. A message telling us to remember the hereafter and not just be swamped by worldly problems and pleasures. I must keep in mind that life will not last forever and one day we all will die. But seeing the devastation in Asia it just hits home the point that you can die instantly. I pray to Allah that such a thing wont happen to me or Abang or my family and friends. Futhermore, because Malaysia was also hit by the tsunami it really is something to think about. I’ve always thought that Msia is a peaceful country because it has never been in the path of any natural disasters and I thought that it would always stay that way. But I guess I was wrong. If Allah wants to send you a reminder then ANY thing can happen at ANY time.

I got a link to the song ‘Indonesia Menangis’ from someone about the Asian Tsunami disaster. I think the lyric, be it simple, is a good reminder to us about Allah’s power and mercy. Unfortunately it's in Malay or Bahasa Indonesia so if you don't speak or read any of those languages then you won't be able to understand the lyrics. If I have time I'll translate the lyrics.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...