Friday, November 05, 2004

I'm waiting for 4pm to come

I'm at the office and my boss wasn't in today cause she's sick. So one of the ladies here whom I have helped before gave me some other work which was not too difficult. I enjoyed doing it. Didn't have to use my brain too much..just looking up stuff from the catalogue and putting in the prices.

The weekend will be starting soon (even though I have to go back to work after iftar) and this will be a busy weekend as it has been ever since Ramadhan started. We've had friends over for iftar since the 1st week of Ramadhan (Didi & housemates plus Aryss & housemates on the first weekend and 1st yrs from Rayleigh park and Broadgate last weekend). This weekend, on Sunday, it'll be the turn of Shahrein and housemates. Next weekend will be Eid already. So to those who we couldn't invite for iftar...do come to our house on Eid weekend. We'll certainly be cooking for Eid so just come. Hopefully we'll cook nough for everyone. Tomorrow we've got 2 invitations for iftar. One at Azreena's place and the other at Aryss's place. We'll go to Azreena's first coz we promised her to go there before Izat told us about their iftar plans. So I won't have to cook on Saturday. I'm thinking of baking some chocolate chip cookies tomorrow (Saturday) to serve when people come over for Eid. I hope I can make some pineapple tarts too but we'll see how it goes. Tomorrow morning when we go grocery shopping I'll certainly get all the ingredients for the choc chipcookies and buy a pineapple or two to make the jam for the tarts. If I have time I'll make the jam tomorrow. Ooooo..I've certainly got lots of things to do.

I know I haven't been putting in entries to this blog. Everyday when I get home from school I have to do more work especially writing me thesis. I've made some progress on the thesis though. I've handed in 2 chapters (chapter 3 and 4) to my supervisor. Hopefully, when I meet him next week he'll have some feed back for me. I've also started on chapter 2 which I have to complete by next week. Now I work part time from 12-4pm and then go to iftar at the Uni straight away. After iftar, at approx. 6pm, I usually go back to my office and run some more simulations. So I usually reach home with Shah at around 7:30pm. Shah has to accompany me to the office coz it's dark by then and I'm afraid to stay at the office alone ever since the building has been a hot spot for people to commit suicide (well, only 2 people have actually jumped off the building so it's not really a 'hot spot'). I don't want to get in to the details of the 2 incidents so if you wanna know more come and find me and I'll tell you face 2 face.

Anyway, it's like 4 mins to 4pm and I should stop now. I've got to find someone to lock the door to this office and then go back to my school to see if my simulations gave any good results. So far most of my results have been a dissapointment.

Bye people..will write again soon!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...