Monday, November 08, 2004

Iftar invitations all weekend

Didn't do much this weekend other than going to 3 houses for iftar (2 on Saturday and 1 today). Next week insyaAllah it'll be Eid. This time will be my 7th Eid away from Malaysia. ven so the celebration is always as exciting and eventful as in Msia partly coz of the Malaysian community here. Most of the postgrad will conform to the Msian tradition of having their 'open house' where everyone is invited to drop by and eat and most importantly celebrate Eid with the hosts. We won't be officially having an 'open house' but we're more or less having a pot luck 'open house' which will be held at Shahrein's house on the morning of Eid. Then we'll all make a move to the postgrad houses.

Anyway for iftar today I cooked 'pengat pisang' coz both Shah and I love it. It was my 2nd time cooking it and I have to say this time the result was better. The first time I made it, which was yesterday, it was too thick so it wasn't that nice but edible. Today's 'pengat pisang' was rather spot on. Hehehe...excuse me while I give myself a pat on the back. I also made 'bubur kacang hijau' coz I felt like eating it. It turned out fine but I prefer the 'pengat pisang' coz it's much nicer and sweeter.

I'm actually surfing the net to find Eid e cards coz I'm thinking of sending them to some of my friends. But I can't seem to find any nice ones. Shah suggested I create my own Eid e card and send it off to them but I can;t find the time. Wish I'd thought of that much earlier coz it would have been cool. As usual Sunday nite is kinda boring coz tomorrow will be Monday. Back to work. I've got to run some more simulations to show my supervisors on Tuesday. So after iftar tomorrow I'll be heading back to the office to get my work done. What else is new eh!

I guess I'll stop now. Got to have some rest. Maybe have a look at one of my thesis chapters in preparation to write it out soe time this week.

So nite nite guys!...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...