Monday, October 11, 2004

My absence....

This is my attempt at recreating my comeback post. I'll try and remember what I wrote...

While I was away quite a few things have happened. Nothing extraordinary, just mundane weekly stuff with one or two exceptions maybe. Towards the end of September, my colleague and I found some fatal errors in our program which was none of our doings (basically my supervisor who wrote the code left out some important stuff). This meant that I have to re-run most (well, almost ALL) of my simulations. This has left me p*ssed coz I'm already in the last month of my 3rd year and what a time to find an error in my program. As you can guess, I wasn't happy at all coz this has thrown my schedule way out of course. Well, not that it had been on-schedule beforehand but I am trying to catch. It's just that with this new hindrance it'll be much harder to catch up. But I guess it's good that I found out about it now. I just hope the results are not too different!

Last weekend was not a good one coz I got sick. Shah had fallen sick first and I got it from him. It was quite a terrible flu and it has been awhile since I was that sick. I'm still recovering coz I've still got an awful cough. It gets worse in the mornings and at nights. I bought a cough syrup last Friday and I've drank 3/4 of the bottle but it doesn't seem to be doing anything to my cough. If only Shah hadn't finished the 'ubat batuk cap ibu dan anak' surely I would have been cured now. Actually, we were in Hanson's today but I forgot to buy a bottle. Never mind, I'll just have to keep taking the throat lozenges and pray I'll get better soon.

Last Wednesday, Shah and I went for dinner at New Ocean City as part of his office social. It was fun to have dinner with his officemates and the food was lovely. It was a Chinese buffet and even though there were no Halal meat but there were lots of seafood and vege dishes. It was a shame though that because of the dinner we couldn't go to the Goose Fair with the Nottingham Msian Society. I really wanted to go to the Goose Fair coz I don't think we will be here for the next one. But it's OK coz Shah promised me(insyaAllah) that we'll go to Disneyland Paris and I'll just have to wait till to go on all the rides. I just hope it'll be soon though.

Time surely has passed by real fast coz by next Friday it'll be Ramadhan again. Luckily I've repaid all the days that I didn't fast during last year's Ramadhan. So roughly four weeks from now it will be Eid! Shah mentioned that he wants to cook 2 large pots of rendang as well as nasi impit and kuah kacang for the first day of Eid incase some of out friends are coming to our house. I'm thinking of making some cookies too. But I'll have to make more cookies this year coz there are more undergrads this year and it's them who are likely to come to our house. So every week, insyaAllah, I'lltry and make some cookies. I just then have to refrain Shah from finishing them all up (and I know he can easily eat them all up) coz he's always asking for something to munch while we're watching the tele.

Anyway, that was basically what I've been doing since I last put in an entry. I just hope I have the time to keep placing at least 4-5 posts a week. I've got so much to write about, with Shah's birthday coming next Sunday and on the book(The Da Vinci Code) that Shah and I just can't seem to put down. But I think it'll be quite hard to write frequently coz my workload is as high as a mountain at this very moment because of all the re-run's that I have to do aside from my current simulations plus the Christmas deadline I had set for my thesis submission. I really hope I can make that deadline coz I don't want to dissapoint Shah.

So, till next time...
Tara for now...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...