Friday, October 15, 2004

Finished the book....

After 1 week I've finally finished The Da Vinci Code book. It was kinda a page turner since I couldn't put down the book even to go to the toilet. Each chapter ended with a cliffhanger. But the ending was kinda disappointing. I wasn't that disappointing but I was hoping for more adventure towards the end coz all the hype kinda fizzled out towards the end without any big bang hanppening. If you get my drift...if not just ignore me. It's been a long while since I read a good adventure book so it was kinda fun and I wish I could read more books. But for now, I;ve got to be contented with writing my own 'storybook', i.e. my thesis. Once that's over, then I'll have my revenge and start reading loads of storybooks/novels.

Tomorrow marks the start of Ramadhan. One month of fasting. Once it starts, it'll be gone in a flash and Eid will be here. I'm really hoping I can do more things this Ramadhan religion wise. I want to read more of the Quran and pray Tarawih more, insyaAllah. We'll also try and have some of our friends over for iftar coz that would be great. I also want to bake Eid cookies. I just hope I have enough time to do all that. Every day, except weekends, during Ramadhan both Shah and I will have iftar at the Uni. It'll be great coz than I won't have to rush back home to cook. I'll just have to prepare something to eat for sahur when I get back from iftar. Actually, this will be my 7th year of Ramadhan and Eid in the UK, far away from my family. But it's the 3rd year I am fasting and celebrating Eid with my husband. So I'm not actually away from my family. Well, come to think of it, I was always with 'family', i.e. my friends, be it when I was in London or here in Nottingham. Ramadhan and Eid here in the UK had and always have been as happening as it was back home in Msia. I hope this coming Eid will be a great one. I'm hoping to persuade Shah to send our photo and Eid greetings to the Msian papers coz ever since I have been overseas I've never sent one. I'm always envious of those who send their Eid greetings and I'm hoping my family would get a chance to read and keep them.

Anyway, I'll have to ask Shah about it. For now, I'm going to eat dinner. Before I go, I just wanted to tell you guys about an advert that Shah and I really like. It's an add by Honda about their new diesel engine. But the graphics are so cute. There's lots of colours and cartoon animals like bunnys, flamingos, butterflies and birds. If you want to check it out, go to www.honda.co.uk and click at the 'Click Here' sign where the birds are. Then click on 'See the film Sing the song' icon on the bottom right of the new page and see the film. It's soooo lovely.

Okay guys...enjoy Ramadhan, and selamat berpuasa. May this Ramadhan bring peace and tranquility into our hectic lives. And cherish this Ramadhan by doing lots of prayer, zikir and reading lots of Quran. That's a reminder for both you and I. May Allah bless us throughout this month.

See ya!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...