Monday, August 23, 2004

To leave or not to...

The last two days has left me with no free time to write an entry. On Friday, both Shah and I got home quite late at nite after spending the afternoon helping Dmat shop and then visiting Kak Zah's place. It's been a while since I visited Kak Zah and every time I'm there I am amazed at her home decorations. She is very skillful at spotting really beautiful tableware and furniture at car boot sales and from the classified section of the Evening Post. She has this beautiful collection of teapots in all kinds of shapes which I wish I could collect for myself. If only I have the time to roam the various stalls at the car boot sale I'm sure I could find some too. But I'll just have to wait until after I finish my work to start collecting things for my future home.

Yesterday we went out with all the other friends who used to and still are living in Dunkirk to bid farewell to Dmat. We had dinner at Taj Mahal restaurant and then came back to our place to have some cake and coffee. It was nice that everyone could come and spend some time together mostly because everyone wanted to say goodbye to Dmat. I wish the same would happen to us when our time comes. If it were me in Dmat's shoes, I'm sure it would have been a very bittersweet farewell dinner for me. I guess he must have felt that too. I just can't imagine how I would feel when the time comes for me to leave the UK. I would be very happy to be going home to my home country for good after 6 yrs being away but at the same time I'll surely miss my life here. This has been the place where I've learnt to become truely independant and live life as an adult. Its here that I have experienced so many significant memories which I will remember for the rest of my life. But you can never be totally at home in another country so I will always long to be back in Malaysia. I just hope when the time comes it wont be as sad as I imagine it to be.

Hujan emas di negeri orang, hujan batu di negeri sendiri, lebih baik negeri sendiri...


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...