Thursday, August 26, 2004

Reading..

I've promised Shah I'd do some writing tonite so I've only got a few minutes to put in an entry here. I haven't been doing much since the start of this week coz I have been running some simulations. Anyway... while writing this I am browsing WH Smith looking at the books in their buy one get one half price offer. I really want to start reading again but at the moment I want to get my PhD done first. When I was in school I wasn't into reading but I started to pickup reading as a hobby after I finished high school while waiting to start my A Levels. I used to finish a book every other day and was always going to the rent-a-book shop to get more books to read. I really miss that shop. You go there and pay something like RM5-10 for a book (depending on the kind book) to read for as long as you want. Once you're done with it you can return it back to the shop and they'll pay you the amount you paid for the book minus the rent price of approx. RM2-5 per book if I'm not mistaken. Since I started my PhD I think I've only finished 1 book. I can't wait to start reading again.

At the moment I really want to read Dan Brown's Da Vincci'c Code. The storyline is very intriguing and interesting. And I also want to read the Harry Potter books. I know I'm a bit left behind in the Harry Potter craze but I never was interested in it when it first came out until now that is. I would also like to read the LOTR trilogy novels coz I want to compare the award winning movies to the story laid out in the actual words penned down by Tolkein. I've got to buy these books first but I believe that buying a copy of the LOTR trilogy and the Harry Potter series will be money well spent since these books are must have books in every home library.

OK...my time's up. Got to start work!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...