Tuesday, August 17, 2004

Diamonds...a girls best friend

Just watching QVC again (okay..I have to admit I'm quite hooked on this channel) and they're having a show on Diamonique jewellery. Diamonique is QVC's brand of simulated diamonds. It's way cheaper than diamonds but has the same 'bling bling' look. I mean anyone can be fooled to think that those are real diamonds! For me, I don't mind wearing simulated diamonds as day-to-day jewellery coz they look like the real deal and more importantly if anything happens to it you won't be too devastated. Especially now with all this 'ragut' cases in Msia. So keep the real diamonds for special occasions and as an investment. I have to confess, I'm a real sucker for diamonds and I just can't get enough of it. So with these simulated diamonds I can actually indulge myself without breaking the bank.

There's so many things that I want to get so I've got to start making a list and start prioritising. Actually, you can always get jewellery as an anniversary or birthday gift from your other half so don't have to spend much there. Before I go back home to Msia, I really want to get a set of porcelain tableware. I'm want to go Stoke on Trent to the factory shops of Portmerion and Wedgewood. I love the Portmerion designs especially the Botanical Gardens range. Wedgewood is not a favourite of mine plus many Msians go for this brand of tableware.

Anyway, back to diamonds and jewellery. I prefer buying gold in Msia coz Msian gold is of better quality and much cheaper than the ones here. I mean here you have to spend quite a lot even for 9ct gold where as in Msia 9ct gold is considered of low quality. The common ones in Msia are mostly 24ct gold jewellery. But in terms of simulated diamonds, I don't think they're as good in Msia as the ones I've seen here. Anyhow, it's all up to personal preference. Even so, diamonds are always a girls best friend...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...