Sunday, July 25, 2004

Shop-o-holic

We went out to the city centre this morning. Had a few shops to stop by mainly to get stuff like toilettries and groceries. I also had to get something for my officemate who is getting married next friday. It is the summer sale period but I didn't quite resalise which shops were having a sale until today. Mainly because we usually go out only to the shops we need to go to and then come back home but today I decided to stay on and window shop (while my loving hubby Shah went home with the groceries) .

I'm usually one who loves to shop but I only shop when there's a bargain so summer and winter sale periods are the best. Like most women I LOVE buying shoes and handbags. When I was studying in London, I used to shop almost every other week. I'll usually buy a top or a cute bag but it'll always be below £10. Now that I'm much older and wiser, I've been trying to cut back on shopping coz I don't want to turn into a shop-o-holic. 

Finally today, after a couple of hours, I came home empty handed apart from the wedding gift. I couldn't find anything I really needed or had to have. There were some dainty shoes which were to die for but I decided not to buy them coz they were rather impractical..pretty to have on your feet but would leave me with blisters and sore feet at the end of the day. Like I don't have enough of those kind of shoes already! Anyway, I don't have enough space on my shoe rack. Maybe I think I might be winning the battle of not being a shop-o-holic. But then again, you might just see me in the shops hunting for a bargain one day before the sale ends coz shopping is sometimes too irresistable!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...