Wednesday, July 28, 2004

At the office

I'm at the office and decided to write coz it's been too long. Nothing much has happened since the last time I wrote. On Sunday we had a few friends over for tea. I made roti jala, kari ayam and tiramisu. Monday was busy as ever coz of the Tuesday morning meeting I had with my supervisor. Yesterday I went to visit a friend of mine at the hospital who gave birth on Monday afternoon. She got a baby boy..a cute one in fact with a full head of hair. Even though she had to go thru a cesarean  birth, everything was fine..alhamdulillah. She just has to stay at the hospital for a few more days.
Mornings in the office is quite boring. Well, actually any time spent at the office is rather boring. I'm listening to Capital FM. I used to listen to that particular radio station while I was in London so it kinda stuck with me. If I don't have the radio on then the office will be too boring for me and I might just even fall asleep (like that hasn't happened before). My morning ritual is firstly, check my emails, then looking into the news in Msia and UK, and finally getting some work done. By the time I get to the work bit of the ritual, an hour has usually passed since I arrived at the office.
I've just been reading the Msian papers and there has been another murder. It's very scary to read this kind of news happening in a country that I was born in. Actually, I'm really not too excited to go home to Msia when I read this kind of stories. Msia is getting hit by a giant crime wave. Every day there's always a story of either murder, rape, incest, robbery and much more. When I used to grow up I was always afraid of going out alone but I went out anyway. Nowadays..I must make sure I go out with a big burly guy (Shah of course).

Anyway, got to get started with work now.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...