Sunday, August 01, 2004

Relaxing too much?

Today has been a fun filled day. We woke up early and had a walk along the canal to the city. Even though there was a slight drizzle, we had a nice walk. We had to take a slightly longer route near Castle Marina coz of a dog that was barking and coming towards us. I was slightly afraid of the dog but more importantly I didn't want the dog to come near me coz then I'll have to 'samak' my jeans. Anyway, we got to catch the 10:30am Spiderman 2 movie at UGC Cinemas coz we've wanted to watch it ever since we saw the trailer a few month's ago. The movie was quite good with lots of action. We like to go and watch early morning shows coz the tickets much cheaper and it's not too crowded. After the movie we just walked around and went to a few shops. I got myself some clothes...Shah too. When we got home we didn't do much. Just watched TV, played Scrabble..relaxing basically.

Sometimes I feel guilty when we relax too much coz I keep thinking about the heap of work I need to complete. But then again if I worked 9-5 every day of the week, I'd just go mad. Maybe having a rest on one day of the week is acceptable but that nagging feeling always tend to creep up. Is it a rule that when you are doing ur PhD, you're not allowed to have a life? Not allowed to to do anything else but your PhD work 24-7? Well, it seems so. It seems that those who finish their PhD on time are the kind of people who eat, sleep at their office..workaholics basically. But I'm not one so I just need to organise my time efficiently. Hope it works.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...