Friday, July 30, 2004

A place of my own

Everytime I watch the home makeover or house hunting shows I start day dreaming about what I'll do when I (and by 'I' means Shah included) get my own place. I just can't wait to start decorating but I just hope it will all turn out fine. A corner lot house would be the best coz then I'll also get a good sized garden. I really would love an open plan living and dining area. I'll probably keep the living and dining area sleek, chic and not too cluttered but not minimal. I don't think I'll be comfortable in a minimalistic room coz it just makes me feel cold and empty. I like my cushions and throws. The kitchen would have to be modern. Probably with stainless steel cooker/hob, oven and an American fridge. But to fit all that into my kitchen it would have to be a BIG kitchen. If it's a small sized kitchen then the American fridge would have to go..*sigh*. I really want to have a beautiful kitchen with lots of gadgets and gizmos coz I like to cook.

I love the English countryhouse theme but I wouldn't want it to be too floral. Might just leave the floral theme for the boudoir. It has to be romantic too as a bedroom should always be.  I'm toying with the idea of having one of the walls in red or maroon with all the other walls in cream or white. I would love to have a four poster wooden bed with a simple cloth draping down from it but if you don't have a massive room then just forget it. A beautiful brass bed would do too with a beautiful dressing table probably an antique one. As for bathrooms, it would have to have a quality shower probably those with a messager setting at the least. A bath tub would be a plus but if I were to live in Msia that might not be too practical. I like those modern bowl type sinks too.

Ohhh...imagining how I want my house to be is so exciting! Just hope I can make it a reality. But will it just be wishful thinking? I dunno where we'll be able to get a decent place in KL or PJ. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...