Saturday, July 17, 2004

I'm FAT!!!!!!

This afternoon Shah and I went out to send my job application at Lakeland. There we were on our way, when we met the wife of one of the postgrads who knew Shah and I (this is very rare since we're so anti-social and  don't mix much with the other Malay postgrads). The first thing that came out of her mouth was 'Dah gemuk sekarang?'. I tried my very best to act cool and carried on the usual 'HI..How's thing's going on' conversation with her for a few minutes before saying goodbye. Arghh!!!! I'm fat!!! This was not the first time I heard someone say this to me. At least the first person who commented about me putting on weight softend the blow by saying that I look better because of it. But this time the comment really hit me in the face and made me very concious about my weight. Don't people know that saying things like that just makes the person on the receiving end feel awkward?? But it is one hell of a wake up call.
 
I guess it is true. I have been eating loads and haven't exercised for ages. But I was once a woman who didn't have to worry about these things. Before, the amount that I ate didn't seem to cause any effect on my body but now things have changed. Now everything coming in seems to create an extra inch on the waist or thigh or even on my face. What has happened to me? I think I'll have to inclide ome form of exercise into my daily routine and eat less fattening food. 
 
Actually, we do have an elliptical rider exercise machine at home which we bought 5 months ago. When it first arrived both of us were very excited and used it at least every other day. But 1 month after that it just stood there in the corner of our living room collecting dust. So now is the time to get on it again. Got to start exercising..got to lose weight. I keep saying taying that but his time I really mean it. I don't want to receive such a comment again!!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...