Thursday, February 02, 2012

Resuming My 'Get Fit' Mission

In January 2011, I had turned a new leaf and started exercising by joining a Pilates class in PJ. I got addicted to Pilates and looked forward to go to the class every saturday. After moving to Kajang, I tried my best to continue with the classes in PJ. Alas, in September 2011, I called it quits because the weekly travel to PJ was impractical for Shah, Maisarah and I. Hence, I wasn't exercising towards the end of last year. This caused my weight to rise from 57 to 60 kgs. Somehow in December, I got to know from a colleague that a Celebrity Fitness gym was opening in January 2012 at The Mines which is 5 minutes drive from the house. So, enough said, I enrolled for a year at the gym. I've been going to the gym every Sunday for 2 hours since the first week of this year. The first hour is spent using the treadmill or cycling machine. Then I follow the Cardio Dance class in the studio. There are other classes such as yoga, zumba and pilates but the timing doesn't quite suit me.



*source Celebrity Fitness Malaysia

The gym enrollment entitled me to get 3 sessions with the gym's Personal Trainer. In the first session with the trainer, we did some tests to gauge my stamina, body fat and muscle composition. I had to burn 100 calories on the cycling machine within 15-20 minutes of cycling at 80rpm or higher. I managed to finish the test within the 20 minutes which meant my stamina is quite good but still can be improved. I got to know too that my body fat percentage is more than the advised 25% of my weight. Not a surprise there. So I must burn those fat. And I am lacking muscle in all parts of my body, in particular my legs. Again, not a surprise there. So, the trainer said that if I took 2 months of the Personal Training session wi her I would be able to reach my target weight of 55 kgs. But, a huge but here, I need to fork out another RM 3600 more for 24 session with the Personal Trainer.

 Having heard that, I decided that I will not sign on for the Personal Trainer session. Instead, I will now train myself every week by doing at least three session of Pilates at home or circuit training workouts which I have been reading about from the net. Also, I have found out from Ira's blog about an app to he lose weight my calculating the calories taken in from food and burnt from exercising. So since the 20th I have been religiously using this app and exercising at home. Alhamdulillah, today, after almost 2 weeks of this I have shed almost 1 kg and need to shed another 4 more to get to 55 kgs.



*recorded using myfitnesspal

So, wish me luck in my 'Get Fit' mission!

 - Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...