Tuesday, June 07, 2011

Operation Kindy and Move In - Updates

From my previous entry, I had set the three missions to be completed by this week. As of today, which is 4 days to moving-in day and 6 days to Maisarah's first day at kindy, these are the updates:

Mission 1: to get Maisarah fully potty trained.

Maisarah still refuses to poop on the toilet. She says if she sits on the toilet it won't come out. We have told her countless times that at school she will not be abel to wear the diaper when she wants to poop. To which she replied 'Ok, kat sekolah Maisarah b3rak kat potty'. So, we'll just wait and see.

Mission 2: to mentally prepare Maisarah for school and being separated from my mom and Kak Som (my mom's maid).

We have been mentally preparing Maisarah for school. She seems very excited every time I say she will be going to school next Monday and meet new friends and teachers. But I forgot about the part on being separated from my mom and Kak Som. I think Maisarah knows that my mom and Kak Som will not follow us to our new home. My mom and dad have been asking her what will they do when they miss her and she says 'You can come to my house and visit.' In any case, I don't think the separation will be much of an effect on Maisarah as it will be on my parents and Kak Som. They will surely feel Maisarah's absense because the house will be quiet. Even so, we will still be frequenting my parents house every weekend in the next month or so to complete the move.

Mission 3: to start packing and moving into our own home

We have decided to move our things in stages. The first stage, which is this weekend, will involve moving our daily clothes, shoes, and daily necessities. These are all almost packed. The next stage will be Maisarah's toys, our books and clothings which we seldom use (such as older clothes, special occasion / kenduri clothes and Maisarah's babywear). The final stage will hopefully be our boxes of stuff from the UK, our 9-year old wedding presents and Maisarah's study table. Now that is just the move-in, the unpacking will involve more stages as we currently have not much space for storage. So most things will still remain in boxes for quite some time.

Anyway, I am all excited to move in to our own home. Just the three of us and not to forget, Maisarah's pet turtles will be coming too. I initially planned on leaving them at my mom's place until we were settled and I have gotten a proper table to put them on. But that plan was overruled by Maisarah. She said we can always put them on the coffee table or even the dining table. So, if any one drops by our house in the next few days, you will be served with tea and turtles for snacks.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...