Thursday, November 05, 2009

Mandatory Course

Starting today I will be attending the first of the Mandatory Board of Engineers Malaysia (BEM) Course. UNI*TEN has been kind enough to pay for the course and Institute of Engineers Malaysia (IEM) are also kind enough to send their trainers here so that we won't have to go to IEM. This course is only mandatory for engineers who have registred with BEM after January 2005. Hence, I, whom registered at the end of 2005, have been given the mandatory 'sentence'. (I usually hear the word 'mandatory' when it is followed by 'death sentence' so I kind of feel like the BEM course is a 'sentence' to new engineers)

Anyway, it is not a 'sentence' in a bad sense because the course is actually very useful. It's broken up into three modules:
  • Module 1 – BEM Safety & Health At Work
  • Module 2 - BEM Engineering Management Practice
  • Module 3 - BEM Code of Ethics/Regulations
Today and tomorrow I will be attending Module 1. Module 2 will be held next week and Module 3 the week after. I've also got to complete final exam grading by the 15th and also prepare for next semester's teaching. So, there is no rest for me during this end-of-semester holiday.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...