Thursday, October 15, 2009

Please Don't Be So Rude

Ok, a quick post. Early this week (Monday and Tuesday to be exact) I attended a course in KL. Since the course was held at a hotel near Bukit Bintang, I took the LRT and Monorail on both days. While traveling on the Monorail the first day towards Bukit Bintang, I was the first few who got on the Monorail and got myself a seat. Just when the doors were closing a pregnant lady walked in. She stood in front of me as there were no seats left. So, I decided to be civil and stood up to offer her my seat. I politely said 'Nak duduk ke?'. I was thinking this lady would be pleased to sit down and rest her feet and thank me in return. But instead all I got was a stare and not even a 'No, thank you' or even a shake of the head to signal 'No'. She just didn't even budge. So I said, 'Tak nak?' and continued sit down.

I felt pretty cheesed off and a bit shameful. I don't know why I was ashamed. Maybe because I felt so happy to offer my seat to some one whom I thought wanted it, whom I was taught by my parents to give my seat too but then was turned down in such a horrificly rude manner that dashed my happy feelings. That certainly made me not want to offer my seat to any one else again.

In any case if some one were to offer you a seat and you don't want it, please kindly smile and say 'no, thank you'. Don't not just stare and ignore the kind soul even if you woke up on the wrong side of the bed that morning or have a million problems in your head.

5 comments:

fedy said...

> ".. even if you woke up on the wrong side of the bed that morning or have a million problems in your head."

cannot agree more.. sabar ye! =)

bumble_bee said...

Hehe, sekarang memang dah cool down. Tapi pagi tu memang rasa tension sikit la. How are you Fedy? lama tak dengar khabar.

Ira said...

malaysian ppl mmg pelik..
isk isk..

bumble_bee said...

Itu la Ira. Tak sangka dia nak buat macam tu. Memang pelik.

Anonymous said...

anisa, are u sure tht lady is pregnant??? hehehe.... just checking, just in case she got offendedby ur kind offer :)
xxxjoanna

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...