Friday, May 15, 2009

New Notepad for Me

I've decided to change my blog template. Shah mentioned that my previous template was too red and I was also getting bored with it. So last weekend I browsed through a few websites for a suitable template. I've always wanted a blog that looked like a notebook so when I saw this particular one, I fell in love. I like the flower header and the post-it on the notebook sealed the deal. Have I ever mentioned that I am a sucker for post-its, especially those colourful ones? I used to collect lots of different post-its but I've stopped buying new ones years ago. Anyway, I knew I had to get this template and now I do!

Another thing which I like about this template is the 'Search' box and the three post-it tabs below it. (See, I'm really addicted to post-its!) I've created an 'About' post specifically for the 'About' page. However, I'm still in the process of creating the 'Archives' page. This template was originally made for Word*press and one kind soul has managed to export the whole page for Blogger. But Blogger doesn't have a dedicated 'Archives' page so I've got to do it manually. And according to my googling, the easiest way was to manually insert all the monthly archives links into the 'Archives' page. Since I've been blogging from 2004 (gosh! it's been ages), this would take me a while. So I hope the current 'Archives' page is sufficient plus I've got the 'archives' widget placed on the sidebar anyway.

So, this will be my new blog template and I think it would remain this way for quite some time.

2 comments:

yumyum said...

i like ur new template! very neat :D

bumble_bee said...

Thanks Yumyum!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...