Monday, November 03, 2008

Trojans invade

My laptop has been invaded by 2 kinds of Trojans. I have been battling to get rid of them since 9:30 am this morning. You see, my laptop initially was installed with Nor*ton Anti-Virus but the subscription ended few months ago (well actually about 6 months ago) and I have been too busy to install a new software. So today, I finally had the time to install Av*ira Anti-Virus software (the free version). Once it was installed, it immediately bleeped several times informing me about the invading Trojans. I wonder how long they have been lurking on my lappie. I can't seem to get rid of them under normal mode so I have resorted to Safe mode and have been scanning my lappie since 11:30 am. So far, the software has informed me that it has detected 5 files containing the Trojans and they have been quarantined. I need to delete those quarantined files and then I'll revert back to normal mode. Hopefully, it will be clear after that. But from my readings, the Trojans that has invaded my lappie are cunning. One of them resides in the Temp folder and switches to another file after the initial file has been quarantined. Oh God, I hope I can shake them off. If not I will have to get professional help for my lappie.

On another note, I had initially 'deleted' this blog by changing the URL and not allowing any search engines to trace the blog. I did this because I thought I have been betraying the blog by not putting up any posts. Furthermore, I have been having some difficulties keeping up with my duties as a mother, wife, homemaker and careerwoman. So I had to stop for a while and relook at my priorities. I am still working on improving myself and I hope those around me will be patient with me. Please know that I am not perfect, I have lots of flaws and I need to find a way to become a better person soon. I am also in dire need of supplements to give me more energy to get through the day. I am always flat once I reach home and when I put Maisarah to sleep I end up sleeping myself. The thing is I am so bad at keeping to the schedule of eating my daily vitamins. I wonder how other moms keep their energy up. Those out there reading this, care to share?

Ok, I've got to get one with work. Please pray that my lappie is Trojan free.

P/S: I have rebooted my lappie under normal mode and am 40% through scanning the C drive. So far no Trojans detected. Hpe it stays that way. But another big problem has come up. I just found out that I can't access my C drive from My Computer. This is certainly not good news. Hope Abang wont get angry with me!

P/P/S: During the past week I did a marathon session of Gossip Girl season 1 and I am hooked. Is this good or bad?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...