Saturday, September 16, 2006

It's been a while..

Lots has happened since I last wrote more than 3 months ago. My job at the uni has been confirmed and the workload hasn't been easing at all. My life other then work has been...wait, I don't think I have much of a life as it's all been taken up by...yes, you guessed it, work!! Anyway, Shah and I did get a chance to take a 10-day break to Nottingham for my graduation last July, almost 1 year since we left. We got the chance to reminisce and I enjoyed our stay there. We went with my mum and sis. The apartment that we stayed at was lovely and I wished that we owned that apartment. Apart from the excitement of my graduation, I did get a chance to shop at the summer sales. And boy do I miss living in Nottingham. Maybe in 7-10 years time Shah and I might just get a chance to go back to the UK.



















Apart from that break, Shah and I did spend 2 nights during the Merdeka week relaxing at a hotel in KL. I was a well-deserved break and we've decided to do more of that. Even if we can't go far, we can always take a day or two off from work and just stay in town but in a nice place and away from the stress and worries of work.

Well, those were the most enjoyable moments I had in the last 3 months. Now it's already September and believe it or not I've been a career woman for a year now. One year of earning my own living. I think I've adapted well with working life because it's now become routine to me. Sometimes when the end of the month comes I don't even realize that my salary is being deposited into my account. I'll only realize it when the time comes for me to settle the bills. I don't know whether that is a normal thing or not. Sometimes I feel like I'm working to hard for the amount of salary I'm getting. But I hope all my effort will not go down the drain as I'm putting a small hope on receiving a big fat bonus at the end of this year. I guess I've just got to wait and see.

1 comment:

bumble_bee said...

Hi Dilla..Thanks you for the wish. Hari tu kelam kabut jugak pegi UK sebab time tu semester baru mula. Tapi berbaloi la dpt pegi walaupun sekejap dan tak dapat jalan mana2 sgt.I pray that you will get there soon too..insyaAllah.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...