Thursday, August 18, 2005

Balik kampung...

Hello and apologies to all for the neglect that I have imposed on this blog. I have been busy with thesis corrections, thesis binding, holiday-ing and packing stuff. So it's official...I've got:

5 days left

till I leave for Malaysia. Everything is packed and we just have to clean up the house and hand it back to the landlord this Saturday. Then on Tuesday at 8pm we'll be aborad MH11, departing from Manchester Airport, headed for Kuala Lumpur. There is so much to do and so little time left. I just hope we've covered everything.

Last week Shah and I were on holiday. We started off with a holiday to Bath and Bristol. Then we went to Prague. Some pictures are already up on our fotopage so feel free to look at them. We were planning to go to Venice this week but from the looks of things that we have to do before we leave, we decided not to go. Even so, I really enjoyed the holiday we had. I loved the day trip we had to Stonehenge, Avesbury, Lacock and Castle Combe (all places within 1 hour from Bath). We took lots of pictures. And Prague was heavenly. The weather was great, the architecture was magnificent and we stayed at a really nice hotel. The pictures of Prague are still not uploaded but we'll try put them up soon.

My feeling abpout going home is mixed. I'm excited but sad at the same time. Excited to be home at last, to see everyone, to have our first Ramadhan and Eid in Msia after 7 years and to start a new life. But sad to leave our first home in Nottingham and the life we have here. But having Shah with me means that where ever in the world we are, everything will be ok coz we will work things out together.

Ok..I've got to get back to clearing the office. Then we're going home to clear the house. Take care!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...