Thursday, June 09, 2005

A new phase in life..

I've been lazing around the house but I guess from next week onwards I'll have to start packing. The boxes arrived yesterday and the bubble wrap will be delivered on Monday so I've got to start thinking of what to take home and what to leave. To tell you the truth, I don't quite know where to start. There's just so much to do. We decided to ship door-to-door coz we dont have too uch to bring home. Anyway, that's what I think. We have more things that a single person would have but less than a typical Malaysian family. So we won't need to hire a container for all our stuff. I just hope to shipping costs wont be too expensive.

Well, this means that our life has started to change. Change as in we will be packing up home and setting up a new one in Malaysia. Also change as in entering a new phase in life. Out of the study and couple phase and into the career and family life phase. Every one goes through it sooner or later. I just never thought my day will come. But it has. So I'll just have to face it. I just have to think of it as a learning process. If you fail just pick your self up and carry on. There's not short cut to life. But there's so much things to sort out. Where to live? How to commute to work? How will I handle a career?

InsyaAllah, in 3 months time I'll start working. I just hope I'll be able to become a good lecturer and I hope I've made the right choice. You see, I can't picture myself as an engineer for the company that sponsored my degree. Luckily they have their own private University in Malaysia. So I can opt to go into lecturing which will be interesting as I can teach and also do some research. And I'm hoping lecturing will give me flexibility in my working hours. So I can still be a good wife to my husband and a devoted mother to my future children. In my mind I want to be able to cook for my family every day and be there for my children when they wake up and before they sleep. I want to do everything for them but I guess I won't be able to do so because I have to work. So I'll have to resort to finding domestic help. But even so, I'll try the best I can. I just hope to Allah I'll have the strength to do my best. We'll just have to wait and see...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...