Tuesday, June 14, 2005

New look & work

I've made my own skin! It's red and I think it's quite nice. I'm quite happy with it. But I'm not put off by my old skin so I will interchange between the two whenever I feel bored. I spent quite some time thinking about the colours and layout. I have to say I'm a perfectionist so it would have taken other people less time to do the simple layout that I did. But I did it anyway and I wont be doing any more layout changes in the near future since there is no more play time for me. I've got to concentrate on studying for my viva. Plus I've still got some simulations to run just in case my external examiner comes up with some questions. But I still have time to read my story books. I'm 3/4 way through Dan Brown's 'Deception Point'. Very interesting book but not as interesting or as fase paced as 'Angels and Demons' or even 'Da Vinci's Code' (the former being the best of the two in my opinion). So I've achieved almost 2 out of the 3 things I wanted to do before I start studying for my viva. Not bad.

I'm currently at the office and I've got my simulation running while I'm writing this. Or should it be the other way round? Anyway, I am telling myself that from next week onwards I've got to concentrate fully on the viva since in 3 weeks time Shah's parents will be here for his graduation ceremony. So I wont have much time to study while they're here. And more importantly 1 week after they leave I'll be having my viva! So I've got to make full use of this 3 weeks. Just a little more work and after July InsyaAllah no more studying for me.

We're not sure where to bring Shah's parents while they're here. One thing is for sure, we'll be going to Hull to visit my father in-law's friend. I'm hoping we'll have time to go to The Deep. I want to see sharks swimming above my head. Other than Hull, we're also thinking of going to Bristol and Bath area. And surely my mom in-law and me included will want to go to the weekly carboot sale. I'm hoping I can find some useful things to bring home to Malaysia. Anyway, if any of you reading this has any ideas on where we all can go between 9-18 July, let me know.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...