Sunday, March 13, 2005

Books etc..

We just had our dinner of roast chicken with potato salad and we're just kinda just vegging out in the living room. Shah's playing his football game on PS2 and I'm just browsing the net looking for some interesting blog templates. Nothing much happened this week. On Friday in accordance with the Comic Relief 'Red Nose Day' the George Green Library at Notts Uni held a book sale with all proceeds going to Comic Relief. Luckily we got there early so we were able to snap up four novels which we have been eyeing for quite a while in the shops. We bought the following books for a total sum of £5. Cheap eh!





(pictures taken from of Amazon.co.uk)

I can't wait to start reading them. As any girl, I love books on relationships and romance plus all the chick literature out there. So it's not a wonder that 3 out of the 4 books up there are chick lit books. Amazingly Shah likes to read some of them too so he doesn't mind me buying these kind of books. I also like to read thriller and adventure books too. I love John Grisham and I think I've read quite a few of his books. Although I must admit I can't get around to reading Stephen King books (or the like) so I just watch the movie version of them.

Lately Shah and I have been buying novels like crazy. Come to think of it we're buying novels every other week and everytime we buy books it's not just the odd 1 but at least 3-4 books at a time. We are quickly filling up our bookshelf and we might just start our own libarary of novels. As you might have gathered from my previous posts we have become addicted to Dan Brown books and we curently have all 4 of his novels. Shah has read all of them and I have finished only two. There are many more book which I really want to start reading and my list of 'to read books' is growing by the day. I really want to collect the 'Shopaholic' series of books by Sophie Kinsella coz I've heard many people say that this series of books are a real joy to read.. I can't wait to go the 'Nottingham Bargain Bookstore' to look if they have any on them. This bookstore sells books at very cheap prices coz most of the books here have some slight defect or printing error. But so far the books that we've bought from the shop are still in good condition and we can't even find any flaws in them. I love this shop and 'The Works' so much coz the books are dead cheap. Two weeks ago Shah and I bought 3 novels at 'The Works' for just a fiver. I wish books were as cheap in Msia.

I've always loved reading but ever since I started studying here in the UK i've sort of stopped reading as I would have loved to. When I was back home in Msia I used to go to the rent-a-book shop every week to get my weekly stash of novels. Who ever came up with the rent-a-book idea is a genius. I never used to buy my own books coz I always know that I could just rent them. But they don't have these kind of shops here in the UK (luckily they have these cheap bookstores here!). I think this renting books concept is still going strong back home so I can't wait to frequent these shops again. I also love the idea of book clubs coz it encourages people to read books at least 1 every month and them you can discuss them and chit chat about them. Maybe when I'm done with my PhD I can join one but I don't know how to find a book club in Msia. I guess I have to know at least one of the people in the club for me to enjoy it. So if any of you reading this know of a good book club in Msia do let me know. Over here there is the 'Richard and Judi Book Club' where Richard and Judy are a husband & wife duo who have their own talkshow. Usually the books they recommend are either bestseller or will go on the be bestsellers. So that's where I go to find my next book to read.

We'll I guess that's enough on books...got to go hit my study books now!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...