Friday, January 21, 2005

Been silent for a while

Lots has happened but most of whats been happening are all realted to my work. Yeah...work, work, work. It's that thing thats been dominating my life will continue to do so until the day I hand in my thesis.

These first few weeks of the year have been rather uneventful. We started work as usual and all throughout this week and last week Shah and I have been busy invigilating. It wasn't the usual exams that we had to invigilate though. We signed up for invigilating exams for students with special arrangements. I have to say that it was a real useful experience but I wished we had thought it through much better before signing up to invigilate every morning of every single day of the 2 weeks. On my final day of invigilating, I got to invigilate a visually impaired student. It was a truely eye opening experience. I have to admit I never realised there were blind students at the Uni even when in truth there were many of them. Watching the student answer his exams yesterday left me feeling awed and also very lucky to be able to have full use of my eyes. Even though theses students can't see, they still have lots of determination and courage to study right up to university level. If it were me, I can't even imagine how I would cope woth being blind. I wonder if I would have even a fraction of that students determination.

Yesterday was also Eid-ul-Adha. As on any Eid day, I wore my baju kurung to the Uni. However, Shah and I didn't go for Eid prayers coz of the morning invigilations. Apart from wearing the baju kurung, yesterday was just like any other day. I didn't cook any Raya food, i.e. rendang, kuah kacang, nasi impit, the night before coz I was so tired and so busy. Anyhow, tomorrow Didi and housemates have invited us over to thier place for a kinda potluck raya celebration. So I'm very excited to be able to eat all the delicious food tomorrow.

Anyway, I've got to get ready to go to work now. Will write again next time...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...