Monday, November 22, 2004

Work and watching movies

As you all know (well I'm hoping people read this blog of mine), I've been working part time since the end of October so everyday when I get home from work I'm too tired to put in any entries in this blog. Therefore, I'll only be writing in the weekends and I'll try to recap everything that's been happening throughout the week.

This week I didn't do or didn't experience anything interesting. So I guess I'll just detail my daily routine. In the morning I try and wake up earlier but usually it's roughly around 7:45am (ni case tidur balik lepas subuh) so we get out of the house and head for the Uni at around 8:45am. I'll do my PhD work from 9:15am after checking my emails and reading the Msian papers. At around 11:45 I'll start getting ready to go to work at the School of Pharmacy. It's not really hard work cause I mainly do office type work i.e. filing, checking claims and expenses forms, writing letter and emails plus preparing Excel spreadsheets. After finishing work at 4pm, I head back to my research office to run more simulations and analyse whatever results I had from simulations running while I was at work. We, as in Shah and I, or, if Shah has gone home earlier, just me alone head home at around 5:30pm. That's why after dinner I usually can't keep my eyes open and need at least an hours sleep before starting to do more work. I know this is boring but I just wanted to write this down so that in a year or two from now I can remember this. Anyway, the weekend was much more interesting.

Yesterday Shah and I went out to the city to shop around for deals on suits. Shah needs to get one for his upcoming office meeting in December and his viva in January. We've found a shop in Victoria Centre which does a great deal, buy one and get 2nd at half price. So we'll go there probably next week to get them. Later the same day we went over to Byn's place for their raya open house. They cooked many different dishes mainly bihun sup, roti canai and rendang which was quite impressive indeed. Even so Shah and I didn't stay for long coz we were knackered from going out the whole day. Today we went out again with the sole purpose of buying an electric heater. It's damn cold these past few days and we can't stand it. We managed to get an affordable one and I think it's quite a good one coz it can also become a fan and it oscillates so it's much more effective. It's been said in the news that this winter might be the coldest one since we've been here in the UK. So the electric heater will be used extensively. Just need to bear in mind that it's costly so we can't keep it switched on all the time.

This weekend I watched some great movies. On Friday nite we watched 2 dvd's which Shah rented in Beeston. We watched Dawn of the Dead first and then 50 First Dates. Both were interesting films and I especially liked the 2nd one coz it was so sweet and romantic. How Adam Sandler's character makes Drew Berrymore's character fall in love with him again everyday was just so sweet and touching. I hope Shah and I are like that. Sometimes we tend to forget why we fell in love and every now and again it's important to refresh our memories and go through it again. I also watched another love story last night...Moulin Rouge. I loved the movie coz it's very theatrical and vibrant with nice songs. However, I fell asleep towards the end but it wasn't my first time watching it so I didn't miss much. Tonite though I have to get some work done plus there's nothing interestiing on tele so all the more reason for me to get down to work.

So I guess that's it. I'll end this entry with a saying from Moulin Rouge...
'the greatest thing you'll ever learn
is just to love and be loved in return...'

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...