Wednesday, September 15, 2004

Time flies yet again...

I so knackered. I had my usual weekly meeting and I asked my supervisor how long would it take me to complete my PhD. He said that if I submit my thesis by Christmas time this year then I should be able to have my viva some time in March or April next year and hopefully be done by 1st of May. So I have to work hard now to make sure I submit my thesisi by Christmas time. That means I have to start handing my thesis chapters to my supervisor for review by early November. So, to those of you who are reading this, please pray that everything will work out fine and that InsyaAllah I get to submit my thesis by end of this year. Anyway, I hope I get to solve my simulations problem soon so that I can fully concentrate on my thesis writing.

Today most of the 1st year international students ave starteds to arrive at the university. So from this week onwards the university will start to get busy again. I will have to try and steer away from the student union building and the banks coz most of the new student will be crowding those areas to set up their new bank accounts and do other official registering stuff. But then I would like to go to the Freshers Fayre just to get all the free stuff that they give out. Shah mentioned to me just now that he wants to go and have a look at the International Week events (happening this week) coz he wants to reminisce and relive his first week in the UK which happened almost 6 years ago. I would also like to see what activities are laid out for the week coz I didn't go to IC's International Week during my st year since I got infected with chicken pox from my brother just after I arrived in London. Gosh! How time flies! All those seem like it happened just a couple of years ago but actually it has been 6 years.

I haven't been an active blogger these days and especially last week. Last Saturday Shah and I went to ASDA to get our household groceries. Then when we got home from ASDA, we had some lunch and prayed before going out again to the city. Just went window shopping, had a drink at Starbucks and then went to collect my winter coat from the dry cleaners. The weather these past 2 days have been quite chilly. I had to wear my long cardigan today coz the wind was quite strong. I even wore it all day while working in the office. I guess Autumn has arrived and I have to dig out my chunky sweaters from the back of my closet. But I think I should stop moaning about the weather coz this might be my last ever winter here. I hope I'll get to see some snow in Nottingham this year...before I go back to Msia.

Anyway, back to my story about the weekend. On Sunday we had Didi, Alin, Aryss, Izaty and Lisa over for late lunch and early dinner. I cooked Nasi Tomato, ayam masak merah and kambing masak hitam with some salad and kuih cara. It was fun having them around. We, well actually they, played games on Shah's PS2 and also we listened to the Malay+Indon songs whcih Shah and I got from Dmat. Didi and Alin were really excited to browse thru the 1000++ songs that we have and we promised Didi we'd bring the songs on my portable hard drive to her house next weekend so she can transfer them to her laptop. I have to admit I don't know most of the Malay songs coz while I grew up I didn't listen to the radio much. Even when we were in the car, my mum or my aunty would usually put on a cassette of Gloria Estefan, Billy Ocean, Whitney Houston or Dionne Warwick. So we didn't listen to Malay songs that much except for maybe Sheila Majid and Francesca Peters coz my mum likes their songs. However, I do know some songs like Ramlah Ram's Kau Kunci Citaku and Zaiton Sameon's Menaruh Harapan only coz I heard them on TV shows like Hiburan Minggu Ini or Muzik Muzik. It always the cheesy Malay songs which I remember most.

Well, I think I've babbled too much today but I had to keep you up-to-date on what has been happening in my life. Last Sunday we also got a first hand experince on how the lack of communication between the undergrads and postgrads here in Nottingham can cause some miss understandings but I'll have to leave that to another day. As I said earlier...I'm knackered.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...