Wednesday, August 11, 2004

How to instill self discipline?

I'm currently finding it so very hard to stick to my thesis write up plan these days so you can say I'm lacking in self discipline. I was chatting to one of my friends this morning and it seems I'm not the only one having this problem. With this in mind I pushed my self to do some writing today and, as of 11pm, managed to get 3 full pages of text. By the look of it, 3 pages is not much of an accomplishment since I'm supposed to complete a 200++ page thesis by the end of October. But if my calculations are correct, writing 3 pages a day for the next 60 days (sept. and oct.) will give me 180 pages so I might just be able to finish my thesis by then.

Now I just need to discipline myself to stick to the plan of writing at least 3 pages a day. Writing about something you've done about 1-2 years ago is really hard not just coz it's just been too long since you've done it but it gets much harder when your brain just can't seem to form a coherent sentence to explain what you've done. My brain at the moment is having these problems. I just hope I can jog this brain of mine to start working properly A.S.A.P.

Anyway, by hook or by crook I have to finish my thesis by 31 October 2004, insyaAllah. 'O Allah, please give me the strength to see this through. Amin...'

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...