Monday, September 05, 2011

Spinning Around




Some of you might not know that Shah has been diagnosed with vertigo since 1998. When it comes, he feels that the room is spinning wildly before is stops sometimes within a few minutes, sometimes more. If he moves his head, the spinning starts again.

Last Sunday I experienced vertigo for the first time. When I was awaken at 5am, i felt the spinning sensation but I didn't think of ittoo much and thought it woukd go away if i slept a bit more. But, when I woke up for Subuh at 6.30 am the spinning was still there. It didn't seem to go away. It was difficult to pray because I felt like falling especially when I got up from sujud. I went downstairs to tell Shah and I cried because I was afraid that it would not go away. Also because I finally understood what Shah has been feeling for the past 13 years. Shah messaged my calves with some hot ointment and told me to sleep it off.

Alhamdulillah, after sleeping for one and a half hours, the vertigo went away. Shah said it may have been caused by wind because I didn't eat rice for dinner the noght before, just a kebab. And I also slpet late the previous night because I watched Sex and The City 2. I pray that I will not get vertigo again because it is scary to have everything spinning around you and the falling sensation. I now have a little understanding of what Shah feels. Shah has learned to live with the vertigo so that he can become a good husband to me and a great father to Maisarah. If it were me I know I would just give up on life. Thank you Abang! We love you and appreciate all that you do for us.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...