Wednesday, May 25, 2011

I Wanna Get Rid of My Mommy Tummy

I normally receive email articles from shoppinglifesytle.com. Usually I just have a glance through and delete the email. This week something caught my eye. The article was 'What to eat for a slimmer tummy'. Ok, this is something I am interested in. Lately I feel rather concious of my mommy tummy. After giving birth to Maisarah, my tummy now has a bulge that seems to grow bigger. So, the article says that, apart from doing cardio and core strength  exercises, if we control what we eat, then the waistline should not grow bigger. The suggested diet for this slimmer tummy is:
  1. Take more fibre, about 25 to 30 grams, each day from sources such as whole grains, fruits, vegetables and beans.
  2. They suggest to eat five or six smaller meals instead of the three main meals. Don't wait to be hungry to eat. According to the article, hunger causes our body to produce stress hormones that encourages storage of fat in the body.
  3. Reduce salt intake inlcuding food with high salt content such as procesed and canned foods. Salt causes the body to retain water and causes bloated stomach.
  4. Eat less fast food.
  5. Reduce intake of refined carbs (eg: sugar, white bread, white rice, white bread, pasta and cereals) and replace them with unrefined carbs (eg: wholemeal bread, whole wheat pasta, oats, veggies) and protein (lean meat).
Ok, increasing the fibre intake to get slim is something I believe and have seen for myself. A few months ago I got a real bad case of gastric. After recovering, I ate organic rolled oats for every day up to two months. I found that my weight dropped by 2 kgs and I swear my tummy was slimmer.

But, lately I have not been eating oats and my tummy is back to being poochy. So, I've got to start bringing oats to work every day. They don't take long to prepare. I normally mix about one cup of hot water with 3 to 4 table spoons of organic rolled oats and let them oats soak up the water. This normally takes about 15 minutes. Then I add 2 table spoons of honey, some raisins and sunflower seeds and we're good to go. This breakfast is enough to last me till lunch time. Then I'll have my rice as usual but I try to eat only half a bowl of rice with lauk. And same goes for dinner.

I just weighed myself on Monday and I have started my oat breakfast again. Yesterday I made a plan to start doing pilates every day when I get home from work. I also want to try eating the smaller but more frequent meals and see if it works. I'll report my progress one month from now and see if all these makes a difference to my weight.

2 comments:

Ira said...

ehhh.. good tips la..
nak try jugak la bila dah jadi sahm nanti.. ;)
bila kat office ni memang tak boleh lari dari 3 heavy meals tu.. :(

bumble_bee said...

Boleh la try nanti Ira. Nanti bila kat oversea mmg akan makan healthy sebab kena masak sendiri. I pun tengah cuba ni. Tapi selalu ada godaan makanan kedai.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...