Saturday, February 05, 2011

Day 5 - Snakes, Grapes and Herbs

As promised, we visited the grape vineyard this morning. I was mistaken. There are three grape plantations in Malaysia, in Perlis, Kedah and Selangor. The one in Perlis grows both red and green grapes. Maisarah loves the red ones as they are seedless and sweet. Apparently the grapes in Malaysia needs to be grown under covers to protect them from excessive water especially during the rainy season.

Before going to the plantation, we visited the snakes living in Taman Ular. I managed to get away from visiting the snake park for the past 5 years we've been coming back to Perlis but not this time. Shah has managed to drag me there. The snakes there are huge and most of them are pythons and king corbras. All at least five feet in length. After that trip, I'll be very cautious every time I go for any activities in the woods or areas with lots of shrubs.

We also visited the Taman Herba or Herb Park. But I have to say the herb park was the least attractive as it was not properly maintained. But I got to learn that there are many types of plants in Malaysia which can help cure cancer. Well, that's all for now. Tomorrow we're off to Gua Kelam.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...