Saturday, November 06, 2010

Padding Along

Last week on Saturday, Shah and I headed to Digital Mall PJ with one goal in mind, to get us an iPad. Suffice to say that we accomplished our mission. We are now proud owners of a 16GB iPad with 3G capabilities. Well, we decided that the smallest disk space was sufficient for us since we or rather I'll be using it mostly to replace my office diary, i.e. to take notes of meetings, keep track of deadlines and things to do. It will also be handy when I need to go to meetings out of the office because with the iPad I won't have to lug my heavy laptop with me. I can use it to access and edit documents (word, excel, power point), read and reply emails, as well as surf the internet. At home, it will be used to play games which will mostly be for Maisarah.

What I've noticed is with the iPad one has to be constantly connected to the internet via Wi Fi. At home I am good to go with the iPad. It's a different story at the office due to the firewalls that have been put up. You see, to transfer files to and from the iPad you will have either connect it to your PC/laptop and transfer using iTunes which sometimes can be a hassle. Or you can transfer files directly to document processing applications (like QuickOffice or Pages say) via the internet. And I've noticed that some applications require internet access to work. So, in order to use the iPad to the fullest at work, I will have to find a way to bypass the firewall or get myself a 3G data plan.

Anyway, I am very happy with it and it is safe to say that Shah and Maisarah loves it too. Maisarah more than Shah since we have installed lots of games for her to play with. I'll write more on the games she loves next time.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...