Friday, July 02, 2010

Three Months Flew By

In April, I had ambitious plans that we'd be able to sort the house out during the three months of semester break and come July we could move in. We planned to go back to Perlis during the break. Alas, all plans remain as plans which never materialised. Today is the second day of July and we've got many things to settle before the house is ready. And we're mostly sad that we had to work throughout the break and for go the holiday.

April was spent preparing for the external examiner's visit and making presentation slides for a short course I was giving. May came and we had to prepare for the annual programme review, to restrategise for the coming semester. Then, I spent the second half of May in U*KM attending a course on nuclear engineering. Come June, the third month of break, I was again preparing material for another course I was giving whilst juggling preparations for a conference we're hosting next week (6th and 7th July). This whole week I was again out of the office. The four-day course I was preparing for was delivered this week with a break in the middle to attend a research retreat. So to me this three months just whizzed by too quickly. And for the first time, ever since we started working, we didn't get to go for a holiday during the long break.

I have a class at 9am next Monday and I haven't prepared anything yet. It looks like it's going to be another bumpy start this semester. Pray that the semester goes well for me ok?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...