Friday, May 29, 2009

It Has Arrived!

Before I was pregnant, I always imagined that I would create a scrapbook or records on my baby's first year. When I was pregnant, I asked my sister to get me one of those scrapbook/baby's first year book. Unfortunately, once Maisarah arrived, the book was never filled. It still lies on my bookshelf at home. Later on, my mom kept commenting about us never having a proper album for all of the photos we took since Maisarah was one day old. So I was pressured to create and album of Maisarah's first year.

Some time ago, while bloghopping, I found a website which enables us to create a photobook. All you need to do was download the software, import your pictures in the software, arrange them into the pages of the photobook and then upload the file onto the company's server. Just four simple steps to having your own photobook thanks to Pix*art.

I knew immediately that I wanted to create a photobook of Maisarah's first year. So, about a month ago, I finally had the time to download the software and I started playing around with it. Once I was familiar with the software, what I needed to do next was sift through all the folders of photos to find the nicest pictures of Maisarah. It took me a whole weekend to finally compile the pictures. Once that was done, I needed to edit the photos so that they would come out nice. Luckily for me, Pi*casa made me do it all in a jiffy. In order to include more photos in the 24-page (front and back) photobook, I knew I had to create collages which was done easily in Pi*casa. And Pi*casa enabled me to export the collages into high resolution pictures, so all those low resolution photos we captured of Maisarah turned out looking nice. Even those pictures which had low light exposure was able to be corrected using Pi*casa.

Anyway, last Friday I uploaded the compiled photobook to Pix*art's server and made the payments via credit card (they also except payment via may*bank2u and cimb*clicks). Yesterday, Maisarah's photobook arrived! Just under a week after uploading it. The photobook turned out nice as shown in the pictures below. The book is about 7 inch by 5 inch in size (almost the size of a 4R picture) and has 12 pages printed back and front. The cover unfortunately only comes in white for the pocket-sized photobook. Pix*art also offers coffee-table-sized photobooks.

The cover page.

On first three pages I placed 12 close-up pictures of Maisarah starting from her first month to one year old.


This is how it looks like inside. You can add captions for each page.


The pictures come out nice and with minimal pixelation (at least from my untrained eyes) as I was able to create high resolution pictures from lower ones thanks to Pi*casa.

I'm totally in love with it and I can't put it down. I made an extra copy for my mom so that she can show it off to her friends and stop bugging me to create and album of her granddaughter. I hope Maisarah will treasure it in the future.

9 comments:

yumyum said...

cantiklah! wahh definitely will make one nanti. tapi ayra baru 4 months. nak tunggu one year jugak la, ada sket variety gambar.

p/s btw good idea la k.anisa print 2 copies. :)

Fedyeu said...

wahh menarik jugak!!!! zahrin sure sgt nk buat bile bace entry k.anisa nih! hopefully leh buat by zahraa 1 yr jugak !!

Ira said...

wah.. interesting la! nak cuba gak.. thanks anisa for introducing it.. sgt teruja ingin mencuba.. hehe..

bumble_bee said...

YumYum - Memang worth it buat photobook tu. So I strongly recomend you to do it. :)

Fedy - Memang menarik and senang je nak buat.

Ira - cepat2 la buat. Mesti ada banyak gambar Ayna kan? Lagipun Ira pandai buat digital scrapbook so mesti cantik photobook tu nanti.

Liz said...

eh, mcm best je. teringin nak buat utk baby, my wedding anniversary and wedding anniversary utk parents.

harga pun agak murah sbnrnya. bagus x kualitinya kak?

@nannoor said...

woaaa.. this is interesting.
I pun mmg dah ada 'azam tgh thun' nak print gmbar2 tasneem. banyak gila tp x penah print hardcopy.
nak jugak laaa!!

bumble_bee said...

Liz - Kualiti photobook tu memang bagus. Kertas agak tebal and gambar pun nampak cantik. Memang berbaloi la.

Nannoor - Memang interesting. You mesti ada banyak gambar Tasneem yang cantik2. Boleh la buat photobook.

joanna said...

so cool anisa! will have to drop by your office one day to look at maisarah's photobook :)
erin has a conventional 'baby's 1st year book' so it'll be a good idea for the next time round ... heheheh

bumble_bee said...

Hi Joanna! Let me know if ur coming to my office and i will bring the photobook. Definitely will be good for ur next time. So, are u planning for another one already?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...