Thursday, June 12, 2008

Panicking!!

Classes will start in 3 weeks and I have yet to start my preparations. I'm seriously panicking!! (And yet I've still got time to write a post here!) I've got to teach 2 subjects this coming semester. One new and another I've taught for twice. Even so, the subject which I've previously taught has undergone a syllabus review and there are 3 new chapters to be included. So I've got to prepare new notes for both these subjects. Guess what? I haven't even started making the notes. I'm in serious sh*t. I've promised myself that I'd start doing the notes since last April but nothing has materialized. Now I've set aside the whole of next week to do them. Although, next Monday and Tuesday is filled with an e-learning course and department meetings. So that leaves me with Wednesday till Friday to get some notes done. I really hope I'll get to do notes for a few chapters at least. The rest will have to be done during the semester itself. Oh gosh! I hope I will be able to get it all done. If not I'll jeoperdize my students hopes of doing well in the exams.

Apart from teaching, I've got a consultancy job which will end next month. I hope all the work required will be done on time. But that leaves me with the paperwork. We need to submit a report and I've yet to start on that! Don't get me started on my research work. I've got to organise the purchase of experimental equipment by the end of July and supervise my Masters student's work. Can I do all this in time? I'm starting to hyperventilate. To top it all off there are more management work to be done! We're having a Programme Review Retreat on the 23rd of June and a Research Retreat on the 26th and 27th. Then there will be an ISO audit and another accreditation exercise some time in July, but this time by the Institue of Engineering Technology of the UK.

Ok, more panick attacks coming! I think I better stop now and get started on some work.
FYI, I'm on emergency leave today as my mum has a physiotherapy appointment at the hospital and there is no one to take care of little Maisarah.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...