Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Some updates on Maisarah

Maisarah is already 5 months!! Time sure flew by quickly. Shah and I took her for her 5th month check up at SJ*MC on 18 April. She's now:

Weight = 7.25 kg,
Height = 61 cm (I'm not too sure if this is true, as it was quite difficult to measure her)
Head crcumference = 44 cm

According to the charts, her weight is above the 50th percentile but not her height. She height is infact very much less than the 50th percentile. But the doctor said that height is difficult to measure and she told us not to worry. All in all, she is progressing well.

She can turn over and then turn back to original position. In fact, she can roll over and over effortlessly and this gives me occasional heart attacks especially when I am trying to change her. The moment I turn my back she is a few feet away and ever so close to the ende of the bed. These days diaper and clothes changing is a battle between me and her. She wants to turn while I am trying to clean her bottom or put on her clothes. It takes both Shah and I to change her. Bathing Maisarah is also a nightmare. I usually put her on my lap while I shampoo her head and lather soap on her body but she can't keep still. She's always tossing and turning, looking into the bath tub and wanting to go in. So I end up wet. Once she's in the tub she is calmer and enjoys being washed.

We estimate that she will start crawling pretty soon. She is already able to lift her body and bum but not both at the same time. Every time she lifts her bum, she tends to go backwards which if I'm not mistaken is normal for babies and is the first step towards crawling. Right?

And, she loves screaming or shrieking to be exact. She does this many times during the day and for no apparent reason. Maybe she likes hearing her own voice.

Maisarah came to Uni*en on 24 April

My mum had to go for her doctor's appointment so I had to take care of Maisarah. Unfortunately, I have been using up quite a lot of my annual leave to take care of her previously. So this time, Shah said that he will take leave and take care of Maisarah but instead of both of them being at home, they will also come to work with me. The main reason is because I still am not that confident of driving to work all by myself. But let's just pretend to ignore that. As usual, Maisarah usually wakes up at 5:30 am which is the time Shah and I get up. So it was not a problem to get her ready and we left the house at around 6:45 am. She slept in the car but woke up when we arrived in Uniten. She usually has two 1 hour naps in the morning at 8 am and 11 am but on that day she only napped for 1/2 an hour. Probably because of all the excitement and the new surroundings. Many of our colleagues met Maisarah and she was cuddled and carried around from person-to-person.

At around 10 am she was a bit cranky. I nursed her and at 11:30 or so we went for lunch at Shah's brother's place in Ka*jang as Shah's parents were there. After lunch and Maisarah's nap, we headed back to Uni*en because I had a meeting. Shah took care of Maisarah while I was in the meeting. I left the meeting early as Maisarah was hungry. Once she was full, we then left foe home.

All in all , Maisarah's visit to Uni*en went well. Many of our colleagues said that she is chubby and cute. Some said she looked like me while others said she looks like Shah. We'll certainly bring Maisarah to work again next time.

2 comments:

ap4dite said...

waiyo~ how come i never heard any of baby's sound while walking in front of your room. Must be a good baby girl.. :)

bumble_bee said...

hmm...siapa athena ni? The day Maisarah came dia bising jugak. Maybe when you passed by dia tgh tido..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...