Tuesday, May 27, 2008

6 Months Milestone

Yeay! Maisarah is now 6 months and we've reached the first milestone of breastfeeding.


6 month BF milestone

And on 20th May, we've introduced solid food to Maisarah. I made rice porridge which was pureed with breastmilk. When I fed this to her for the first time, she totally loved it. She got angry when I was slow at feeding her. However, the porridge was quite runny so Maisarah was hungry again half a hour later. I've got this on video but I haven't transferred it over to our laptop. Once it's transferred I've got to remember to upload them here. We fed Maisarah with the porridge once a day for 6 days. Yesterday, I made pureed carrots mixed with a little breastmilk. This time I was sure not to put too much milk or water so that the texture is thicker. Maisarah had no problems eating it but after 10 to 15 spoons, she was full. I think this might be due to the fact that I gave her milk a few minutes before giving her the carrots so she was quite full. I called home earlier today and according to my mom's helper, Maisarah finished her portion for today. So far, Maisarah has no problems with solids. After 4 to 5 days of pureed carrots, I'm going to try giving her apples or spinach.



It's not that difficult to prepare the food and it doeasn't take lots of time too.

  • For the rice porridge, I grounded the rice first before washing and cooking it on a slow fire with just enough water to gover it. Then once it's cooked, I pureed it breastmilk until smooth.
  • For the carrots, I chopped the carrots and then boiled it with water just enough to cover them. Then once it's soft, puree it with breastmilk and some of the cooking water.

Apart from eating sloids, Maisarah is also very talkative now. Her first word was 'Abah'. FYI, we refer to Shah as "Abah' and me as 'Mommy' whenever we talk to Maisarah. Anyway, Shah was away on a work trip recently and on one of the days he was away, Maisarah kept repeating the word 'Abah' and whenever she saw Shah picture she said 'Abah'. So, maybe she really is referring to Shah when she says 'Abah' but more often then not she says it with out really putting any meaning to the word. So, we'll never know for sure. Lately, when I started giving her solids, Maisarah keeps saying 'Mamma' and sometimes we hear it as 'Mummum'. My mom and aunt thinks that whenever Maisarah say this she is hungry. But this week, I noticed that whenever she says 'Mamma' and I go to her or pick her up she will stop. Does this means she is calling for me? Hmm...again we'll have to wait and see.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...