Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Six Years of Marriage

Last Saturday (29 March) was our sixth anniversary. We decided to go out on a date and Maisarah was left (I don't like using this word when it involves Maisarah) with my mum and aunty. Bear in mind, we kept on checking our cellphone throughout the day incase my mom called and we needed to rush home to Maisarah.

We decided to go to The Cur(ve (we're actually kind of fed up with OU and Mid*Valley) and then walk over to Cine*leisure to see if there are any movies worth watching. Secretly (well not secret as I did voice it out to Shah), I wanted to see "27 Dresses" but I know that it's not Shah's kind of movie. Amazingly, when we arrived at the ticket counter, Shah told me to get tickets for the 11 am show of "27 Dresses". That's what Shah always does for me and that's his way of expressing his love to me I guess. Anyway, the lady at the counter suggested some seats which she showed to us on the screen and mumbled some words which we obviously didn't quite hear. We just said 'OK' and at the same time wondered why were the seats located in one of four rows coloured differently from all the other rows. Our confusions were answered when we went in to the theatre and found that we aught tickets for the couples seat. Quite romantic since we were on a date on our anniversary. But Shah being Shah doeasn't like to do those openly lovey dovey acts so we sat like 2 people being angry at each other at a movie theatre. I thought the movie was romantic. I had a few 'aww..so sweet' moments when I turned to my right and saw Shah making funny faces to tease me. So jahat!!! He likes to do that and he actually nails it every time I have that 'aww..so sweet' feeling throughout any romantic movies that we watch together.
After the movie, we had lunch at To*ny Ro*ma's. We shared the shrimp starter. Then Shah had the chicken wings starter as his main meal while I had the pan seared salmon with mashed potatoes and coleslaw. I told Shah I wanted to snap pictures of the food as momentoes of our anniversary. But once the food arrived we were so hungry we gobbled half of it before remembering about taking pictures. Our sort-of-romantic lunch and happy feelings were slightly dashed when I received a work-related phone call which then caused Shah to make two more phonecalls relating to work. This brought our minds back to the thought of us having to work the next day (a Sunday I might add) and the impending accreditation visit on Monday and Tuesday. I'll post about this later.

Back to the anniversary date, once lunch (and it's interruption) was over, we stopped at a few stalls at the Flea Market and then went to Mother*care and Bor*ders. We bought a dress at the flea market for a tenner and a Mother*care teather for Maisarah. Then at Bor*ders we bought two books and two sets of flashcards for Maisarah too. We didn't get anything for ourselves. I have a feeling from now whenever we got out together we'll always end up buying more things for the little Princess then ourselves. We headed home at around 3 pm as we missed Maisarah and I was starting to ache from engorgement.

That was how we spent our anniversary and I totally enjoyed it. I really miss the times we used to go out as a couple without a care in the world. Now that Maisarah is here, we still can do this but not as often as we used to. Maybe both of us should set a date once every one or two months and do have some quality time with each other and no one else. Truthfully, I didn't expect us doing anything special this year as we sort of had a row a few days earlier. It's not uncommon for us to have a row once in a while and I'm sure most happily married couples go through these too. Life is not always happy and full of sunshine. There must be one or two (maybe more) cloudy or even sotrmy days. We just need to always keep the faith and try to mend things as soon as possible. I know that we are not perfect and I for sure need to always remind myself that I must think before I speak and work extra hard at being a good wife to Shah and mummy to Maisarah.

4 comments:

@nannoor said...

happy anniversary to you both!!
ib pun mcm shah la i guess, not the romantic type. even i had to drag him to celebrate our 1st anniversary last year tau!! since mmg i dh tau dia pattern camtu, awal2 kawin lg i dh inform dia yg i nk celebrate anniversary with this and that.
we all dh penah sekali tinggalkan tasneem with my mum and kluar gi dating tgk wayang. tp lps abis wayang tu balik je terus xde nak shoping pon sbb kenangkan tasneem. risau je padahal dia syiok je tido kene dodoi dgn wan dia. hehe

bumble_bee said...

thanks nannoor!! kita kena sabar aje la dgn hubby kita..
masa mula2 i habis pantang memang kitorang ada keluar berdua sebab i dah boring sgt duduk rumah...masa tu first time tinggal maisarah and memang keluar kejap aje pastu terus balik..kita aje yang risau lebih but our babies relax aje bila mummy dia keluar.

bumble_bee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

congrats to Anisa&Shah..epi belated anniversary k! semoga terus berkekalan hingga ke akhir hayat :) Maisarah dah start kene tinggal ekkk :)bg chance jap kt mama&daddy keyy!
psssss...cam ktorg ni anak dah dua ni;), but some time still suka nk kuar ber dating gak hik hik :) so we have to plan it more earlier lah biasanya. time dating tu of course mmg ingat kt diorg jeee..camm rasa guilty plak, tu yg x ble nk ngelak belikn something for N&N. Hadiah sbb kene tinggal dek ummi&abah nye hehe..:)
So, Maisarah pon bakal dpt hadiah can tu gak soon hihi

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...