Saturday, February 17, 2007

The visit

It's the eve of Chinese New Year. Shah and I (well more me than Shah) spent today cleaning up the house and making it presentable for the visit tomorrow. The visit from my in-laws. It'll be their first time spending the night at our house since we got back from the UK (1 year plus ago). I just want every thing to be nice and cozy. Most importantly clean and tidy when they arrive.

This morning, as usual, we headed for Al*manda for breakfast. On they way there, we passed a traffic light and Shah said he saw his brother's car stopping at the light. He asked to if their car plate number was W*H 140 and I said yes. So, we immediately knew that they were also heading for Al*manda. They even tailed us all the way there. We even parked the cars beside each other. Breakfast was roti canai with lamb curry as always. it was fun watching Sofea (Shah's niece) eating her roti telur and then watching her run around the food court once she was done eating. I can't wait to have one of my own. (Sigh)

We parted ways after breakfast. Shah's brother, wife and Sofea headed towards Carr*four while Shah and I went to A*ssino. I needed to get some single-sized bedsheets for Shah's parents visit. Then, we went to Carr*four where we bought some pillows and food. I then bought a VCD of "The Devil wears Prada" which I watched the moment we got home. I really loved the clothes, shoes and handbags in the movie. Oh how I wish my office has a room full of designer items for me to pick and choose as I wish, anyday. Just like what Stanley Tucci did for Anne Hathaway in the movie. God, how I wish I have millions of dollars to splurge on bags, shoes, clothes and more.
Oh well, enough daydreaming. I've got to get back to sprucing up the house for Shah's parents visit. Toddleloo....

P/S: I managed to transfer my classic template to the new blogger template with widget features. I've always wanted to have my archives presented in a collapsible list which is available as a widget in the new blogger template but I also wanted to maintain the same rainbow and teddy theme. Now I have them both. I'm so happy!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...