Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Let's start working out

Last weekend, during the workshop, a 1 hour session was slotted in for aerobics exercise. I started the session thinking "I won't be able to get through the 1 hour", "I'm not at all fit" and "It's been ages since I've done any form of exercise". Even so I was psyched and willing to have a go. The fact that the session was done next the beach on a breezy morning was an added bonus.

As usual, the session started with warm ups which was not that bad. Got through it quite easily. Then things started to pick up speed. Full body workout which made our heart pump faster and faster. But I was still able to keep up with the instructor even with the rapid change in steps. Suffice to say, half way through the session I was still standing. However, 20 mins later, when the instructor asked if we wanted to have another round of the current routine, I was one of the people who shouted 'No'. The last 10 mins was spent with cooling down routines.

So, as you can gather, I did survive the session. And to my surprise, I may not be as unfit as I initially thought. Maybe it's due to the fact that I've been using the staircase instead of the lifts quite frequently at work in the last couple of months (ever since a few of my colleagues got stuck in the lifts).

After the aerobics exercise, I felt invigorated although slightly out of breath. This has certainly renewed my intent to start working out more often. I know the Uni has weekly aerobics sessions on Thursday evenings. But I won't be able to go this semester due to work commitments. Maybe next semester. I'm just hoping that my motivation to exercise won't fizzle out by then.

Or, maybe I should go digging for my Pilates DVD and give it a try (for the first time since I bought it ages ago).

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...