Thursday, December 08, 2005

Has it been 2 weeks already?

It's been almost 2 weeks of lectures. So far it's all going quite well. But at the end of the day I feel so very tired. My throat becomes very dry and I feel very thirsty. I guess that's what you get from talking for at least an hour. Today I have three hours of lecture and tutorials back-to-back. So I will have to bring some water supply to keep me from dying (excuse the exxageration..hehe) of thirst.

During classes, while I'm explaining things, I swear the students eyes seem to glaze over as though they're dreaming of some far away land or as though I am talking some crazy languange they don't understand. But their hands keep moving as my notes require them to fill in lots of blanks that I purposely put in (to make them come to class or else they'll miss out chunks of the notes). I just hope that when they get back home and look through the notes they'll understand it all. My doubts regarding students attendance so far has been proven to be wrong. The class is almost 80% full which I am so happy about. I just hope it keeps up.

On the personal side of life, I have applied to become a resident fellow at the halls of residence here. The interview is next week and I hope I'll be able to impress and get the position. If I do get it, insyaAllah, then both Shah and I will be able to stay within campus and we can save on rent. Apart from that we'll be able to use the sports facilities. I am in dire need of some sort of exercise to help me shed the kilos of weight my body seems to accumulate.

Well, guess that's it for now. I've still got tonnes of lecture notes to prepare and I swear since I started teaching the day seems to fly by ever so quickly. I feel like I'm always rushing here and there. So if I find the time, I'll write summore.

1 comment:

bumble_bee said...

Aku yg jadi warden la Dmat..Shah jadi suami warden...takkan dia jadi warden kat asrama budak pompuan, nanti lain jadinye..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...