Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Thursday 30-06-2005

After the dinner at Bellini's courtesy of Dr Shamruz and Dr Ija, Shah and I wanted to also 'belanja' the 'usual suspects'. So we decided on having dinner at Yod Siam (a Thai restaurant in Beeston, Nottingham). Unfortunately, Shamruz, Ija and Izaty were unable to come. We wanted to have the dinner on a weekend when every one was sure to be free but considering that it is very near to the graduation season and most of the people in the group are graduating this year so many had other plans for the weekends. So due to this we had the dinner on Thursday.


Dinner at Yod Siam

Dinner was excellent. I have to say the food was one of the the best Thai food I have had while here in the UK. We ate seafood tomyum for starters, and for the main course we had Thai Jasmine rice with steamed seabass (I think?), sweet and sour swordfish, red curry prawns and stir fried beancurd with mived vegetables. Later on we bought some ice cream and a chocolate tart at Sainsbury's and headed to our house for dessert, tea and a few rounds of Need for Speed underground racing and Soul Caliber II bashing on the PS2. Shahrein also brought an Oreo's Cheesecake he helped Rizman make which we devoured happily.

Most of the group members will be leaving Nottingham by next week. Shah and I will follow suit towards the end of August. Some will remain here for study or work purposes. So we're all going our seperate ways. I will certainly miss our usual gatherings. But never mind, when Shah and I have settled down in Malaysia, I'll hope to invite all of you over to our place for the usual 'makan-makan' and 'borak-borak' session. Although it won't be as frequent as we always do in Nottingham, I'll make sure to make time and plan one for old times sake. I just hope you guys will make time too!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...