Monday, July 12, 2004

New look for me

It took me two days to implement the new skin I downloaded from blogkins.com and I 'm very happy with the results. The picture of the lily is very beautiful...I really like it and I hope u guys reading this like it too.

Yesterday was a normal Saturday for Shah and I. We went out to find Shah a new mobile and I wanted to hand in my job application form at NEXT. Shah got himself a new NEC camera phone on ThreePay. It's a really nice phone and I hope Shah is happy with it. When I handed in my application form at NEXT, the lady there said that the manager will get in contact with me if I application is accepted so just have to wait and see what happens. I really hope I can get a job somewhere soon. I'm also thinking of applying for a part time job at Lakeland...I saw the advert when I passed their shop. It's for a weekend position so I need to fill the form in ASAP and hand it in by the coming Friday. I really hope one of us can get a job coz we want to minimise the use of our savings. Getting a job in retail is quite tough especailly if you don't have any experience. I did work once before when I was studying in London but I don't know how that is going to do me any good coz it was just a temporary job lasting only for one month. At that time I worked at House of Fraser as a sales assistant and I have to say it wasn't an easy job. I had to stand for almost 4 hours and if a customer couldn't find a top or skirt I had to go all the way down to the basement (from the 2nd floor) to see if there was any in her size in the stock room. Mind you the lifts were very slow and sometimes I had to run up the stairs. But it was a mind opening and treasured experience.

Back to today, I didn't do much. Went to school for an hour to run a simulation. Then came back home to watch a Malay movie on VCD entitled 'Gila Gila Pengantin Remaja'. It was actually quite funny and of good quality compared to the others that I've watched. I guess it was because of the choice of actors and director. Afdlin Shauki was hilarious in the movie. Dinner tonite was Nasi Briyani (instant) and ayam masak merah. I think I need to get some work done after this..maybe do some while watching 'Angel Eyes' on Channel 4. So I'll write again soon...

p/s: Shah and I decided to go on with this AOL internet service even though it's just a normal dial up connection but it's enough for us. At least its better than the NTL dial up service coz you never ever get cut off while ur online.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...