Sunday, March 07, 2010

It' close to 12am as I type this. My feet are aching coz I had to work today, delivering a 6 hour lecture. Anyway, despite the tiredness, Shah and I was intrigued when we saw a trailer of the Cereka*rama telemovie tonight. (yes, we both are suckers for malay dramas)

Anyway, the telemovie was about a young couple, well the girl is still studying in uni while the guy works as a mechanic after finisihing high school. They decided to marry because they are madly in love and want to be together and believes that with love they can make the marriage work. But the girl doesn't know how to cook or clean the house and likes to sleep. She was never taught to do housework by her mom because if she did any housework it was not up to par with her mother's standard. So the guy had to clean up after her and endure eating instant noodles or packed food. In the end, the guy got fed up and they seperated. A few weeks later, after realising that the guy wasn't going to come back to her, the girl decided to change and become the faithful housewife. So, he got back with her and they lived happily ever after.

The plot was simple and the acting was funny but it has a powerful age-old lesson that marriage requires lots of effort and hard work no matter how strong you love each other. Anyway, it got me to reflect on myself as a wife. I'm not sure if I have made any improvements compared to when Shah and I first got married. Maybe I've become worse. I think I need to put in more effort. Since we've been back from UK, I have been spoilt by the comfort of being back home. Why cook when readily cooked food is just a few minutes away? Why iron clothes when the maid is paid to do it? But actually, it's the thought of a wife cooking the food or ironing the clothes with love that counts. So, this month with us marking our 8th year togther as hubby and wifey, I aim to become a better wife to Shah by doing more things for him. Also, I've got to train Maisarah to become a good wife to her future hubby. Oh Allah, please give us the strength to better ourselves and always give us guidance to keep us on the right path.

Ok, got to sleep and wake up early tomorrow to prepare breakfast for Shah and Maisarah. Nite nite!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

8 years dah kak anisa.. Can't believe it's that long.. macam baru lagi..

bumble_bee said...

Hi Didi! Sorry lambat reply comment ni. Yes, dah 8 years. Cepat sangat kan? Rasa macam baru je lagi I tidur kat your house malam before pergi London for our wedding tu.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...